Changing RDP Listening Port
This is a registry modification and requires extreme precaution. DO NOT perform this if you are unsure of your skills as you may cause the operating system to quit working.
The primary reason for doing this is to change the Default Port so that hackers will not be able to access your computer and brute force the password, allowing them access to your computer and, potentially, the entire network.
Of course, we also recommend using VPN access to protect your network as well and if you have questions about how we can help you can email email@example.com
and someone will be glad to assist.
Changing the RDP port
- Start the Registry Editor.
- Click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber.
- Choose Modify in the context menu and select Decimal.
- Enter the new port number and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
Once changed, make note of the changes. Than when you want to access the computer you would use the port number in the Remote Desktop Connection box as illustrated - by example below
That's it. Good luck.
Remote Desktop Authentication Error has Occurred - Microsoft 866660 Cred SSP
user cannot connect to RDP previously could. An authentication error has occurred. The Fuctioon Requested is not supportd This could be due to CredSSP encryption oracle remediation. If you are unable to connect to your remote server this morning, ...
Webcam Via RDP
Using WebCam via RDP for Phoenix Ortho We were able to use TSSCAN product by Terminal Works to accomplish this. Thee is a server software and a client software that needs to be installed.
Compulink Eyecare - Bad iP Address or Port in Ads.ini
Msg pop up when trying to launch eyecare.exe was bad IP address or port specified in ads.ini could ping server by both dns and / IP and verified could accessed network share on server. Problem was firewall. UDP 4000 was in the Outbound Block Policy. ...
Disable outlook destkop alerts in Windows 10
1. On the File tab, choose Options > Mail. 2. Under Message arrival, select or clear the Display a Desktop Alert check box. Note: To suppress other notifications such as playing sounds, changing the mouse pointer, or displaying an envelope icon ...
Complete-Voice Listen Live - Barge
Listen Live and BargeUnder the Services menu you can select Listen Live functionality on a pbx. There are 2 functions of the Listen Live - Listen and Barge. In the detail page you can select from the drop down list users (extensions) who may and user ...